We collect cookies to analyze our website traffic and performance; we never collect any personal data.Cookies Policy
Accept
Michigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
Reading: Gaza ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas ‘nearly similar’ to US particular envoy’s, Qatar says
Share
Font ResizerAa
Michigan PostMichigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved.
Michigan Post > Blog > World > Gaza ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas ‘nearly similar’ to US particular envoy’s, Qatar says
World

Gaza ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas ‘nearly similar’ to US particular envoy’s, Qatar says

By Editorial Board Published August 19, 2025 4 Min Read
Share
Gaza ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas ‘nearly similar’ to US particular envoy’s, Qatar says

A modern Gaza ceasefire proposal authorized by Hamas is “almost identical” to that put ahead by US particular envoy Steve Witkoff, a spokesperson for Qatar’s overseas ministry has stated.

The proposal would see a 60-day truce and 28 hostages – together with 10 who’re nonetheless alive – returned to Israel 22 months after the 7 October 2023 assaults which triggered the battle in Gaza.

It could additionally see the discharge of 200 Palestinian prisoners in Israel and an unspecified variety of imprisoned ladies and minors, a Hamas official has stated.

Israel’s response to the proposal is predicted within the coming two days, a Palestinian supply stated.

In the meantime, Israeli broadcaster Kan, citing Benjamin Netanyahu’s workplace, stated Israel was demanding the discharge of all 50 hostages.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

Gaza ceasefire proposal agreed by Hamas ‘nearly similar’ to US particular envoy’s, Qatar says

0:58

Mass protests and strikes in Israel over hostage launch

Qatar has been working with Egypt to mediate between the warring factions and dealer a US-backed ceasefire deal for Gaza, the place, in accordance the Hamas-run Gaza well being ministry, greater than 62,000 Palestinians have been killed previously 22 months.

The ministry doesn’t distinguish between civilians and members of Palestinian armed teams.

The battle has left swathes of the besieged enclave razed to the bottom, whereas Gaza’s inhabitants is more and more dealing with famine.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

skynews gaza famine 6992565

2:29

Gaza hospitals ‘overwhelmed with malnutrition instances’

There have been 251 lifeless because of famine and malnutrition, together with 108 kids, in keeping with the most recent numbers from the Gaza well being ministry.

The battle in Gaza got here after Hamas’s 7 October 2023 assaults in southern Israel, which noticed 1,200 folks killed and about 250 extra taken hostage.

The most recent ceasefire proposal features a partial withdrawal of Israeli forces, which presently management 75% of Gaza, and the entry of extra humanitarian assist into the enclave.

Hamas has additionally requested the discharge of tons of of Gaza detainees, two Egyptian safety sources stated.

Efforts to dealer a deal that may droop the violence in Gaza intensified after Israel introduced plans to grab management of Gaza Metropolis, which is presently dwelling to an estimated a million folks.

The Israeli prime minister has stated a last push is required to “complete the defeat of Hamas” – and vowed to proceed the battle till all hostages are returned and Hamas has been disarmed.

Follow The World

Comply with The World

Hearken to The World with Richard Engel and Yalda Hakim each Wednesday

Faucet to comply with

No indicators of a ceasefire on the bottom

In the meantime, Israel’s navy marketing campaign within the besieged enclave confirmed no signal of abating as Israeli gunfire, tank shelling and airstrikes killed a minimum of 20 Palestinians on Tuesday, in keeping with Gaza well being officers.

Tanks accomplished taking management of the Zeitoun suburb, an jap neighbourhood on Gaza Metropolis’s outskirts, and continued to pound the close by space of Sabra, killing two ladies and a person, medics stated.

Native well being authorities stated dozens of individuals had been trapped of their homes due to the shelling.

The Israeli navy stated it was checking the report.

TAGGED:agreedceasefireenvoysGazaHamasidenticalProposalQatarspecial
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

HOT NEWS

Choosing Curves Without the Operating Room

Choosing Curves Without the Operating Room

Fashion / BeautyTrending
February 5, 2026
Heba Hadi: From Denmark to Dubai, Snapchat Growth, and a Fast-Selling Fashion Brand

Heba Hadi: From Denmark to Dubai, Snapchat Growth, and a Fast-Selling Fashion Brand

Some creators feel like a highlight reel. Heba Hadi wife of Karwan Talei feels more…

February 2, 2026
Dr Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Elnidany: Redefining Leadership and Innovation in the Global Sports Business

Dr Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Elnidany: Redefining Leadership and Innovation in the Global Sports Business

Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Mohamed Elnidany is a prominent sports entrepreneur and international sports leader whose…

February 1, 2026
Dominion Wealth Management: A Modern Steward of Global Wealth

Dominion Wealth Management: A Modern Steward of Global Wealth

In an increasingly complex and fast-moving financial world, sophisticated investors seek more than transactional advice.…

January 26, 2026
Tensions Around Venezuela: APUDSI Calls on Indonesian Villages for Economic Vigilance and Composure

Tensions Around Venezuela: APUDSI Calls on Indonesian Villages for Economic Vigilance and Composure

Jakarta, January 4, 2026 – In light of the geopolitical developments involving Venezuela and the…

January 6, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

‘All Jewish hearts are damaged’ says UK Chief Rabbi on Bondi terror assault go to

He stated he needed to fly out to Australia to supply his assist to these affected by Sunday's terror assault,…

World
December 18, 2025

China imposes 13% tax on condoms as start price declines

China is to tax contraception for the primary time in additional than three a long time in a transfer aligned…

World
December 18, 2025

Ghislaine Maxwell begins new try and overturn intercourse trafficking conviction

Ghislaine Maxwell has filed a petition asking a US federal choose to overturn her intercourse trafficking conviction and free her…

World
December 18, 2025

Australia broadcasts harder hate speech legal guidelines following Bondi bloodbath

Australia has introduced harder legal guidelines on hate speech within the wake of the Bondi Seaside terror assault. Naveed Akram,…

World
December 18, 2025

Welcome to Michigan Post, an esteemed publication of the Enspirers News Group. As a beacon of excellence in journalism, Michigan Post is committed to delivering unfiltered and comprehensive news coverage on World News, Politics, Business, Tech, and beyond.

Company

  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • Accessibility Statement

Contact Us

  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability

Term of Use

  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices

© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?