We collect cookies to analyze our website traffic and performance; we never collect any personal data.Cookies Policy
Accept
Michigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
Reading: ‘The UK will always remember Sudan,’ David Lammy says as assist to 1000’s affected by conflict doubled to greater than £110m
Share
Font ResizerAa
Michigan PostMichigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved.
Michigan Post > Blog > Politics > ‘The UK will always remember Sudan,’ David Lammy says as assist to 1000’s affected by conflict doubled to greater than £110m
Politics

‘The UK will always remember Sudan,’ David Lammy says as assist to 1000’s affected by conflict doubled to greater than £110m

By Editorial Board Published November 17, 2024 4 Min Read
Share
‘The UK will always remember Sudan,’ David Lammy says as assist to 1000’s affected by conflict doubled to greater than £110m

The UK will double the quantity of assist to Sudan and neighbouring international locations, offering greater than £110m to these affected by the conflict.

The International, Commonwealth and Growth Workplace (FCDO) mentioned the package deal doubles the UK’s assist dedication and can help greater than 600,000 in Sudan.

In whole, £43.5m in funding might be supplied to assist UN and NGO companions in offering meals, money, shelter, medical help, water and sanitation within the nation.

For the greater than 700,000 who’ve fled the conflict to neighbouring Chad, South Sudan, Uganda, Libya and different international locations, the FCDO has allotted £69.5m – for a complete of £113m.

The conflict in Sudan began final April when a transition from army to civilian rule collapsed, after disagreement about how the paramilitary Fast Help Forces (RSF) can be built-in into the army.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

1:12

From October: RSF assaults farming villages leaving dozens useless

International Secretary David Lammy mentioned the conflict has brought about “unimaginable suffering”, including: “The folks of Sudan want extra assist, which is why the UK helps to offer much-needed meals, shelter and training for probably the most susceptible.

“But we cannot deliver aid without access. Starvation must not be used as a weapon of war and we can only stop this famine if every border crossing and route is open, accessible and safe.”

Mr Lammy then mentioned he would use the UK’s presidency of the UN Safety Council “to press for a resolution that ensures the protection of civilians and an unrestricted passage of aid”. He added: “The UK will never forget Sudan.”

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

3:03

From October: Sudan on verge of mass hunger

Violence between the RSF and the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) has since led to the deaths of at the least 20,000, in line with the UN.

Nevertheless, the London Faculty of Hygiene and Tropical Medication’s Sudan Analysis Group mentioned earlier this week it believes greater than 61,000 have died in Khartoum state alone – the place the combating started.

After 18 months of conflict, the FCDO mentioned greater than 500,000 within the Darfur area are in famine circumstances, greater than 11 million folks have been displaced, and 25 million are in determined want of assist.

Minister of State for Growth Anneliese Dodds additionally mentioned in an FCDO assertion: “The humanitarian crisis in Sudan is worsening.

“Famine and illness are spreading, and by subsequent 12 months, many extra might be in determined want of assist. We’ve got to stop additional struggling by appearing now.”

Each the RSF and SAF have been accused of conflict crimes in Sudan by the UN. Human Rights Watch additionally accused the RSF of ethnic cleaning in Darfur, which it denies.

TAGGED:110maffectedAidDaviddoubledforgetLammySudanthousandswar
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

HOT NEWS

No. 17 USC knocks out scrappy UCLA to clinch rivalry victory, nine-win season

No. 17 USC knocks out scrappy UCLA to clinch rivalry victory, nine-win season

Sports
November 30, 2025
‘After all I did not’ lie about state of public funds, Chancellor Rachel Reeves insists to Sky Information

‘After all I did not’ lie about state of public funds, Chancellor Rachel Reeves insists to Sky Information

Rachel Reeves is going through widespread accusations that in a speech from Downing Avenue on…

November 30, 2025
Los Alamitos avenges loss to San Clemente to win Division 2 soccer title

Los Alamitos avenges loss to San Clemente to win Division 2 soccer title

One way or the other, someway, Los Alamitos is your Southern Part Division 2 soccer…

November 30, 2025
Lammy says justice reforms will scale back victims’ struggling – as proper to jury trial set to go in some instances

Lammy says justice reforms will scale back victims’ struggling – as proper to jury trial set to go in some instances

Victims might be put "front and centre" in reforms to be introduced this week, the…

November 30, 2025
Carson routs Crenshaw to win Metropolis Part Open Division soccer title

Carson routs Crenshaw to win Metropolis Part Open Division soccer title

A lot can occur in seven minutes of soccer.Carson proved that on Saturday night time…

November 30, 2025

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Finances 2025: Chancellor Rachel Reeves combating claims she ‘lied’ about deficit

Rachel Reeves is combating claims that she "lied" to the general public in regards to the state of the funds…

Politics
November 29, 2025

Your Social gathering co-founder Zarah Sultana refuses to enter group’s convention corridor

Zarah Sultana has boycotted day one of many Your Social gathering Convention over the expulsion of members of left-wing teams.Ms…

Politics
November 29, 2025

Asylum seekers to be banned from utilizing taxis for medical appointments

A ban on asylum seekers utilizing taxis for many medical journeys has been introduced by House Secretary Shabana Mahmood.Underneath the…

Politics
November 29, 2025

Software program challenge hits hundreds of Airbus A320 planes – UK passengers warned of potential disruption

Passengers have been warned of potential disruption after hundreds of Airbus planes have been hit by a software program challenge.The…

World
November 29, 2025

Welcome to Michigan Post, an esteemed publication of the Enspirers News Group. As a beacon of excellence in journalism, Michigan Post is committed to delivering unfiltered and comprehensive news coverage on World News, Politics, Business, Tech, and beyond.

Company

  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • Accessibility Statement

Contact Us

  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability

Term of Use

  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices

© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?