Gregg Wallace will step away from presenting MasterChef whereas complaints made to the BBC from people about historic allegations of misconduct are investigated, the present’s manufacturing firm mentioned.
Banijay UK mentioned the complaints, made by “individuals in relation to historical allegations of misconduct while working with Wallace on one of our shows”, have been made to the BBC this week.
The corporate mentioned the 60-year-old, who has been a co-presenter and choose of the favored cooking present since 2005, was “committed to fully co-operating throughout the process”.
“Whilst these complainants have not raised the allegations directly with our show producers or parent company Banijay UK, we feel that it is appropriate to conduct an immediate, external review to fully and impartially investigate,” the corporate mentioned.
“Whereas this assessment is below approach, Gregg Wallace might be stepping away from his function on MasterChef and is dedicated to totally co-operating all through the method.
“Banijay UK’s duty of care to staff is always a priority and our expectations regarding behaviour are made clear to both cast and crew on all productions, with multiple ways of raising concerns, including anonymously, clearly promoted on set.
“While these are historic allegations, incidences delivered to our consideration the place these expectations are usually not met, are completely investigated and addressed appropriately.”
A BBC spokesman said: “We take any points which might be raised with us significantly and we now have strong processes in place to cope with them.
“We’re at all times clear that any behaviour which falls under the requirements anticipated by the BBC is not going to be tolerated.
“Where an individual is contracted directly by an external production company we share any complaints or concerns with that company and we will always support them when addressing them.”
Final month, Wallace responded to stories {that a} BBC assessment had discovered he may proceed working on the company following stories of an alleged incident in 2018 when he appeared on Not possible Celebrities.
Wallace mentioned the claims had been investigated “promptly” on the time and he didn’t say “anything sexual” whereas showing on the sport present greater than half a decade in the past.
“And the outcome of that was that I hadn’t said anything sexual. I’ll need to repeat this again. I didn’t say anything sexual.”
Alongside MasterChef, Wallace offered Inside The Manufacturing unit for BBC Two from 2015.
He stepped away in 2023 and mentioned he wished to concentrate on taking good care of his autistic and non-verbal son, Sid, who he shares together with his spouse, 39-year-old caterer Anne-Marie Sterpini.
The couple married in 2016 in Haver Fortress in Kent with MasterChef co-presenter John Torode as greatest man, after assembly three years earlier on Twitter when she requested him his opinion on pairing duck with rhubarb.
Wallace has featured on numerous BBC reveals over time, together with Saturday Kitchen, Eat Nicely For Much less, Grocery store Secrets and techniques, Celeb MasterChef and MasterChef: The Professionals, in addition to being a Strictly Come Dancing contestant in 2014.
He was made an MBE for providers to meals and charity final 12 months.