We collect cookies to analyze our website traffic and performance; we never collect any personal data.Cookies Policy
Accept
Michigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
Reading: Richard Taylor: Educational who sued Steve Coogan over Richard III movie says he hasn’t obtained an apology
Share
Font ResizerAa
Michigan PostMichigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved.
Michigan Post > Blog > Entertainment > Richard Taylor: Educational who sued Steve Coogan over Richard III movie says he hasn’t obtained an apology
Entertainment

Richard Taylor: Educational who sued Steve Coogan over Richard III movie says he hasn’t obtained an apology

By Editorial Board Published October 29, 2025 4 Min Read
Share
Richard Taylor: Educational who sued Steve Coogan over Richard III movie says he hasn’t obtained an apology

Richard Taylor mentioned he was “shell-shocked” after seeing The Misplaced King for the primary time, a movie about how Richard III’s skeleton was found under a parking lot in Leicester.

He informed The UK Tonight with Sarah-Jane Mee: “I wasn’t consulted or even knew I was in the film. The first I hear is I get a phone call while I’m on holiday – and eventually, after press previews, I persuade the producers to let me see a preview.”

Richard Taylor: Educational who sued Steve Coogan over Richard III movie says he hasn’t obtained an apology

Picture:
Richard III

Final 12 months, a choose dominated that Mr Taylor was depicted as “smug, unruly dismissive and patronising” – with the plot suggesting he “knowingly” misled the general public.

“I’m portrayed by someone on screen who looks like me, who sounds like me, who dresses like me – but behaves in a way that falls so far short of the standards I set for myself and what others might reasonably expect of me,” the educational defined.

He added: “Something that was a collaborative effort that showcased the best of British universities in my view was turned into this farce – where I was the villain and portrayed in a way that was completely inconsistent with the reality and the truth.”

Now chief working officer at Loughborough College, Mr Taylor mentioned “none of the facts” within the 2022 movie had been ever checked – and the Alan Partridge star, his firm Child Cow and Pathe Productions didn’t attain out to him earlier than its launch.

Steve Coogan and two production companies have agreed to pay 'substantial damages'. Pic: PA

Picture:
Steve Coogan and two manufacturing firms have agreed to pay ‘substantial damages’. Pic: PA

‘The movie’s going to look fairly foolish’

As a part of the settlement, an on-screen clarification will now be added to the beginning of the movie, however no scenes will likely be eliminated.

When requested whether or not he was glad with this end result, Mr Taylor replied: “I’d have liked them to re-edit the film, but one’s got to be realistic about what one can achieve.

“The insertion of the cardboard will say that the individual on display screen is a fictitious portrayal – and the actual Richard Taylor did not behave like that … so the movie’s going to look fairly foolish.”

The statue of Richard III outside Leicester Cathedral. Pic: Shropshire Matt/PA

Picture:
The statue of Richard III exterior Leicester Cathedral. Pic: Shropshire Matt/PA

The case was resulting from proceed to trial, however a Excessive Courtroom listening to on Monday heard that the events had settled the declare.

In a press release afterwards, Coogan had mentioned: “If it wasn’t for Philippa Langley, Richard III would still be lying under a car park in Leicester. It is her name that will be remembered in relation to the discovery of the lost king, long after Richard Taylor has faded into obscurity.”

He went on so as to add: “That is the story I wanted to tell, and I am happy I did.”

Reacting to the assertion, Mr Taylor argued “it’s a pretty strange definition of happy when you’ve had to settle a defamation claim for seven figures in costs”.

He mentioned: “Steve is never anything other than certain in himself and of his own position, but I think he’s got it wrong – basic facts were not checked.”

TAGGED:AcademicapologyCooganFilmhasntIIIreceivedRichardStevesuedTaylor
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

HOT NEWS

Scandinavian Savings and Loans Trust: A Modern Fiduciary Partner from Sweden

Scandinavian Savings and Loans Trust: A Modern Fiduciary Partner from Sweden

BusinessTrending
February 15, 2026
Choosing Curves Without the Operating Room

Choosing Curves Without the Operating Room

For years, the conversation around body reshaping has been framed as a matter of courage.…

February 5, 2026
Heba Hadi: From Denmark to Dubai, Snapchat Growth, and a Fast-Selling Fashion Brand

Heba Hadi: From Denmark to Dubai, Snapchat Growth, and a Fast-Selling Fashion Brand

Some creators feel like a highlight reel. Heba Hadi wife of Karwan Talei feels more…

February 2, 2026
Dr Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Elnidany: Redefining Leadership and Innovation in the Global Sports Business

Dr Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Elnidany: Redefining Leadership and Innovation in the Global Sports Business

Mohsen Mostafa Kamel Mohamed Elnidany is a prominent sports entrepreneur and international sports leader whose…

February 1, 2026
Dominion Wealth Management: A Modern Steward of Global Wealth

Dominion Wealth Management: A Modern Steward of Global Wealth

In an increasingly complex and fast-moving financial world, sophisticated investors seek more than transactional advice.…

January 26, 2026

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Actors vote for strike motion over AI issues

Actors have voted overwhelmingly to refuse digital scanning on set in a bid to safe satisfactory AI protections.Fairness - the…

Entertainment
December 18, 2025

Oscars set to go away ABC and can be streamed stay on YouTube from 2029

The Oscars can be streamed stay on YouTube from 2029 after being broadcast on the ABC community for many years.It…

Entertainment
December 17, 2025

Trump v the BBC: What’s within the lawsuit and what may occur subsequent?

Donald Trump is suing the BBC for $10bn (£7.5bn) for defamation.The US president's 33-page criticism pertains to the broadcaster's enhancing…

Entertainment
December 17, 2025

Rob Reiner’s son seems in court docket accused of murdering Hollywood director and spouse

Rob Reiner's son Nick made his first court docket look on Wednesday on two counts of first-degree homicide within the…

Entertainment
December 17, 2025

Welcome to Michigan Post, an esteemed publication of the Enspirers News Group. As a beacon of excellence in journalism, Michigan Post is committed to delivering unfiltered and comprehensive news coverage on World News, Politics, Business, Tech, and beyond.

Company

  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • Accessibility Statement

Contact Us

  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability

Term of Use

  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices

© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?