We collect cookies to analyze our website traffic and performance; we never collect any personal data.Cookies Policy
Accept
Michigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
Reading: MasterChef is ‘greater than people’ and ‘can survive’, BBC says
Share
Font ResizerAa
Michigan PostMichigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved.
Michigan Post > Blog > Entertainment > MasterChef is ‘greater than people’ and ‘can survive’, BBC says
Entertainment

MasterChef is ‘greater than people’ and ‘can survive’, BBC says

By Editorial Board Published July 15, 2025 5 Min Read
Share
MasterChef is ‘greater than people’ and ‘can survive’, BBC says

BBC director-general Tim Davie has mentioned MasterChef can survive its present scandal as it’s “much bigger than individuals” – however the company should “make sure we’re in the right place in terms of the culture of the show”.

On Monday, it was revealed an impartial evaluation into “inappropriate behaviour” by MasterChef presenter Gregg Wallace had upheld greater than half of the allegations in opposition to him.

A couple of hours later, Wallace’s former MasterChef co-presenter, John Torode, mentioned an allegation he used “racial language” was upheld within the report as a part of a evaluation.

After the report was printed, Wallace, 60, mentioned he was “deeply sorry” for inflicting any misery, and by no means got down to “harm or humiliate”.

Torode, 59, mentioned he had “no recollection of the incident” and mentioned he “did not believe that it happened,” and mentioned he was “shocked and saddened by the allegation”.

Mr Davie mentioned the BBC’s management group wouldn’t “tolerate behaviour that is not in line with our values,” whereas BBC chair Samir Shah acknowledged there have been nonetheless pockets inside the broadcaster the place “powerful individuals” can nonetheless “make life for their colleagues unbearable”.

They mentioned a number of BBC employees members had been dismissed within the final three months, following an impartial evaluation into office tradition.

Wallace, who was sacked from MasterChef final week, shouldn’t be included in that rely as he was indirectly contracted by the company, however employed by impartial manufacturing firm Banijay.

The company has but to resolve if the unseen MasterChef collection – filmed with each Wallace and Torode final 12 months – can be aired or not.

Picture:
BBC Broadcasting Home in Portland Place, London. Pic: Jordan Pettitt/PA

Media watchdog Ofcom subsequently launched its personal investigation into the programme.

Whereas the 2024-25 annual report confirmed a small rise in belief total for the company, Mr Davie acknowledged it had been a 12 months which noticed the fame of the BBC broken by “serious failings” within the making of the documentary.

The BBC boss acknowledged: “It was important that the BBC took full responsibility for those failings and apologised for them,” and later in response to a query, referred to as the documentary – Gaza: How To Survive A Warzone – “the most challenging editorial issue I’ve had to deal with”.

He went on: “The importance of fair balance reporting, the need for high-quality homegrown programming in the face of massive pressure, I think has never, ever been greater. And I believe my leadership and the team I’ve assembled can really help the BBC thrive in that environment and very competitive environment.”

BBC Director-General Tim Davie. Pic: PA

Picture:
BBC Director-Common Tim Davie. Pic: PA

BBC boss has chair’s ‘full assist’

The BBC has been criticised for a collection of failings in latest month – together with breaching its personal accuracy editorial pointers and livestreaming the controversial Bob Vylan set at Glastonbury – however the director basic has insisted he can “lead” the organisation in the proper course.

When requested if he would resign, he replied: “I simply think I’m in a place where I can work to improve dramatically the BBC and lead it in the right way.

“We’ll make errors, however I feel as a management and myself, I have been very clear, and I feel now we have been decisive.”

He said the organisation was setting a “world customary” for media.

Chairman of the BBC, Samir Shah, reiterated his support for Davie.

“Tim Davie and his group, and Tim specifically, has proven very sturdy management all through all this era and he has my full assist.”

The report additionally revealed its high earners, which noticed former Match Of The Day host Gary Lineker high the chart as soon as once more.

In the meantime, Australian youngsters’s cartoon Bluey proved a boon for the broadcaster, and was essentially the most watched present within the US throughout all genres – with 55 billion minutes seen.

The highest 10 exhibits watched over Christmas 2024 had been additionally all from the BBC.

Current annual evaluations have been overshadowed by the Huw Edwards scandal and allegations of a poisonous setting round flagship present Strictly Come Dancing.

Please refresh the web page for the newest model.

TAGGED:BBCbiggerIndividualsMasterChefSurvive
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

HOT NEWS

‘The drones by no means go away us’ – one girl’s diary of day by day life in Gaza

‘The drones by no means go away us’ – one girl’s diary of day by day life in Gaza

World
August 31, 2025
Mother and father should assist deal with youngsters’ unhealthy behaviour, training secretary says – as figures present ‘entrenched class divide’

Mother and father should assist deal with youngsters’ unhealthy behaviour, training secretary says – as figures present ‘entrenched class divide’

The training secretary has mentioned "we all need to do more" to enhance attendance and…

August 31, 2025
MSU addresses fan complaints to reinforce soccer concessions

MSU addresses fan complaints to reinforce soccer concessions

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) -- Whereas Michigan State soccer defeated Western Michigan 23-6, followers mentioned lengthy…

August 30, 2025
A minimum of three useless after Indonesian parliament constructing set ablaze – as violent protests rage on

A minimum of three useless after Indonesian parliament constructing set ablaze – as violent protests rage on

A minimum of three folks have died after protesters set hearth to a regional parliament…

August 30, 2025
Yemen’s Houthi insurgent prime minister Ahmed al Rahawi killed in Israeli airstrike, militant group says

Yemen’s Houthi insurgent prime minister Ahmed al Rahawi killed in Israeli airstrike, militant group says

Israel has killed the Houthi insurgent prime minister Ahmed al Rahawi, the Iranian-backed militant group…

August 30, 2025

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Jessie J cancels tour dates forward of second breast most cancers surgical procedure

Jessie J has been pressured to rearrange or cancel all upcoming tour dates as she will likely be having a…

Entertainment
August 29, 2025

‘I am shocked at how fragile I’m nonetheless’: Cumberbatch and Colman on defending their sanity from perils of social media

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch says he is shocked at how "fragile" he nonetheless is - regardless of years within the highlight…

Entertainment
August 29, 2025

Prime Boy and Eddington actor Micheal Ward granted bail as he seems in courtroom on rape prices

BAFTA-winning actor Micheal Ward has been granted bail after showing in courtroom charged with two counts of rape.The 27-year-old, who…

Entertainment
August 28, 2025

Guinness World Information turns 70 – and highlights some unclaimed data

Guinness World Information (GWR) is celebrating its seventieth anniversary by highlighting unclaimed titles you may fancy going for.The bookkeeper of…

Entertainment
August 27, 2025

Welcome to Michigan Post, an esteemed publication of the Enspirers News Group. As a beacon of excellence in journalism, Michigan Post is committed to delivering unfiltered and comprehensive news coverage on World News, Politics, Business, Tech, and beyond.

Company

  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • Accessibility Statement

Contact Us

  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability

Term of Use

  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices

© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?