We collect cookies to analyze our website traffic and performance; we never collect any personal data.Cookies Policy
Accept
Michigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
Reading: Ukraine begins shelling North Korean troops inside Russia, Kyiv official says
Share
Font ResizerAa
Michigan PostMichigan Post
Search
  • Home
  • Trending
  • Michigan
  • World
  • Politics
  • Top Story
  • Business
    • Business
    • Economics
    • Real Estate
    • Startups
    • Autos
    • Crypto & Web 3
  • Tech
  • Lifestyle
    • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Beauty
    • Art & Books
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Education
© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved.
Michigan Post > Blog > World > Ukraine begins shelling North Korean troops inside Russia, Kyiv official says
World

Ukraine begins shelling North Korean troops inside Russia, Kyiv official says

By Editorial Board Published November 6, 2024 4 Min Read
Share
Ukraine begins shelling North Korean troops inside Russia, Kyiv official says

Ukraine has begun firing on North Korean troops inside Russia for the primary time since they have been deployed within the battle, a Kyiv official stated.

They added that Pyongyang’s models have been struck within the Kursk area of Russia following a deployment that was criticised by the US and Ukraine’s different Western allies.

US, South Korean and Ukrainian intelligence assessments say as much as 12,000 North Korean fight troops are being despatched by Pyongyang to the warfare below a pact with Moscow.

Andrii Kovalenko, the top of the counter-disinformation department of Ukraine’s Safety Council, wrote on Telegram: “The first North Korean troops have already been shelled, in the Kursk region.”

He offered no additional particulars.

Western governments had anticipated that the North Korean troopers can be despatched to Kursk border area in Russia, the place a three-month-old incursion by the Ukrainian military is the primary occupation of Russian territory because the Second World Conflict and has embarrassed the Kremlin.

The North Korean troops, whose preventing high quality and battle expertise is unknown, are including to Ukraine’s worsening state of affairs on the battlefield.

Ukrainian defences, particularly within the japanese Donetsk area, are buckling below the pressure of Russia’s practically 1,000-day-long warfare

Russian advances have not too long ago accelerated, with battlefield positive factors of as much as 9kms (5.5miles) in some elements of Donetsk, the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) stated on Tuesday on X, previously Twitter.

It stated Russia has superior troop numbers, and regardless of heavy casualties the Kremlin’s recruitment drive is offering sufficient new troops to maintain up the stress.

Please use Chrome browser for a extra accessible video participant

1:19

From June: Russia and North Korea signal pact

Russia has held the battlefield initiative in Ukraine for the previous yr. Ukrainian officers have lengthy complained that Western navy assist takes too lengthy to reach within the nation.

In early October, Russian forces drove Ukrainian troops out of Vuhledar, a city perched on prime of a tactically vital hill in japanese Ukraine.

It was a part of a key belt of Ukrainian defences within the east. Russia’s subsequent targets are prone to be the important thing logistics hub of Pokrovsk and the strategically essential metropolis of Chasiv Yar.

A Russian soldier fires a Msta-B howitzer toward a Ukrainian position in Kursk. Pic: AP

Picture:
A Russian soldier fires a Msta-B howitzer towards a Ukrainian place in Kursk. Pic: AP

Within the meantime, Russia has stored up its long-range aerial assaults on civilian areas of Ukraine, authorities say.

A Tuesday morning assault on the southern metropolis of Zaporizhzhia killed six individuals and injured 16 others, regional governor Ivan Fedorov stated.

The top of Ukraine’s presidential workplace, Andrii Yermak, stated the Russian assaults “must be stopped with strong action”.

“A stronger position by [Ukraine’s Western] allies is needed,” he wrote on Telegram.

TAGGED:beginsKoreanKyivNorthofficialRussiashellingtroopsUkraine
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Copy Link Print

HOT NEWS

Meet the ladies who by no means gave up on soccer, now hoping to safe their place on an Afghan squad

Meet the ladies who by no means gave up on soccer, now hoping to safe their place on an Afghan squad

World
August 30, 2025
Dodgers’ troubles on the plate strike once more in loss to Zac Gallen and Diamondbacks

Dodgers’ troubles on the plate strike once more in loss to Zac Gallen and Diamondbacks

For each the Dodgers and San Diego Padres, the project over the following few weeks…

August 30, 2025
Tories name for investigation into Angela Rayner over her tax affairs

Tories name for investigation into Angela Rayner over her tax affairs

Deputy Prime Minister Angela Rayner ought to face an ethics inquiry over her tax affairs,…

August 30, 2025
Some attendees take difficulty with new Spartan Stadium concessions system

Some attendees take difficulty with new Spartan Stadium concessions system

LANSING, Mich. (WLNS) -- Michigan State College beat the Western Michigan Broncos 23-6 of their…

August 30, 2025
Three arrests in Epping forward of extra protests, as reviews say 13 councils will proceed authorized motion to close asylum accommodations

Three arrests in Epping forward of extra protests, as reviews say 13 councils will proceed authorized motion to close asylum accommodations

Three males have been arrested in Essex after violence erupted on the newest protest over…

August 30, 2025

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

US court docket guidelines Trump’s world tariffs are unlawful – however leaves them in place for now

Donald Trump's tariffs are unconstitutional, however they'll stay in place for now, the US Courtroom of Appeals has mentioned.The court…

World
August 30, 2025

US blocks Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and 80 different officers from United Nations’ annual assembly in New York

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and 80 different officers have been blocked from attending September's annual assembly of the United Nations…

World
August 29, 2025

Brazil implores companies to attend main local weather summit, regardless of ‘second ideas’ amid Trump backlash

The Brazilian hosts of the most important local weather assembly of the 12 months have implored companies to attend in…

World
August 29, 2025

Fugitive father-of-three and one in every of his youngsters noticed years after disappearance, say police

Police have launched CCTV footage which they imagine exhibits a fugitive father-of-three and one in every of his youngsters, virtually…

World
August 29, 2025

Welcome to Michigan Post, an esteemed publication of the Enspirers News Group. As a beacon of excellence in journalism, Michigan Post is committed to delivering unfiltered and comprehensive news coverage on World News, Politics, Business, Tech, and beyond.

Company

  • About Us
  • Newsroom Policies & Standards
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • Careers
  • Media & Community Relations
  • Accessibility Statement

Contact Us

  • Contact Us
  • Contact Customer Care
  • Advertise
  • Licensing & Syndication
  • Request a Correction
  • Contact the Newsroom
  • Send a News Tip
  • Report a Vulnerability

Term of Use

  • Digital Products Terms of Sale
  • Terms of Service
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Settings
  • Submissions & Discussion Policy
  • RSS Terms of Service
  • Ad Choices

© 2024 | The Michigan Post | All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?